Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Things Avery has said Lately:

Avery: I wish I didn't have this.
Mom: You wish you didn't have what?
Avery: This!
Mom: Cancer?
Avery: Yes
Mom: I wish you didn't have cancer either, but you are so brave & such a fighter.
Avery: Sadly says, but I can't even run or even do the splits anymore.
Mom: When you feel better we'll both start running.
Mom: How long do you think "this" is going to last?
Avery: 265 days (Me only thinking; it's more then doubled that, but at least she doesn't think it's only for 5 days or even a month)

*Driving up to Primary Children's Hospital Avery says I hate these vacations. (Really so sad she thinks this is a vacation)
*Those steroids really are something else. There are lots of horrible side effects, but here's some things that have changed in regards to her taste buds & appetite.

*How Avery describes cherry sprite: Spicy
*Avery now thinks eggs are: Gross & Nasty (use to love what she would call "eggs with the good stuff")
*Use to love Strawberries, but more loved the sugar she would put on top, Now she says, "Sugar is Nasty". This one still gets me-I never thought I'd hear her say those words.
*Milk-Loves lots of what she calls "Ice cold milk". Before, I had to work hard to get her to drink any milk.
*Craves-Chicken Flauta's, Salad from the Red Barn, Ice cream, Gogurt's, Pizza and for a week always wanted Shane's bread sticks. (yes, Shane is the maker, but I'm glad Greta has taught him to throw in healthy ingredients. He uses wheat flour & flax seed; for the sauce it has spinach & carrots) She loves those bread sticks!
*Dislikes: Right now her sister Kelsi, kids crying or anyone being loud. I recorded one of her "Roid" rages. So glad that she is finally off of those!
*Describes her feet & legs that hurt so bad for her to walk as: Squishy!

2 comments:

The Williamson Family said...

Oh Avery! :) I love that I was able to catch her having a good day- she was even joking around a little bit and I'm amazed at how strong and brave she is being. I hope you guys had a good anniversary yesterday and were able to spend a little "alone" time together. Like always, let me know if I can do anything!

The Evans said...

Happy Anniversay yesterday! I am so glad to hear Avery is doing much better! I came by last Sunday to see her, but you guys weren't home. Kyle said she has been joking around lately and that has to be so nice for you guys to see her back to herself a little. I will come by this weekend when I am in P town :)