Went to Primary's again last Friday (May 20th). Avery had her port accessed to draw blood. To our surprise no Chemo today. They are giving her body a break before they decide the next month's treatment plan. Yeah for that! Also, this Friday was our last day for steroids for awhile, double yeah for that. After, we headed downstairs to the RTU for her bone marrow & lumbar puncture procedure. The bone marrow results will tell us how much of the cancer is gone & this will determine what risk category she'll be put in. The hope is the cancer is less then 5% in remission. The Doctor think she'll be standard risk & this is what we're praying for. Avery couldn't eat until after her procedures & this was a big problem due to her increased appetite at all times. We made it through the night with her wanting to eat twice, but the next day she just cried to eat. Her stomach was hurting from hunger & just the usual stomach pain. When she woke up from anesthesia she was ticked & I mean real ticked. This time I didn't warn the nurse & it was not good. She yelled a lot at them and said some not so nice things. I don't know if I should mention some of those words.... okay I will remembering the "Roids" make you a whole different person. (stupid,ugly & dumb) Once the nurse turned & walked away so she could laugh, so at least she took it good. I kept telling Avery, "okay that's enough", but she was so mad & thought they had hurt her stomach. I tried to explain they did nothing to her stomach, but had poked her back. The nurse said she understands, some wake up from anesthesia aggravated, besides her being on steroids & hungry. My phone battery was dead or I would have recorded it to at least find humor in it later. We headed home & after food & pain meds she started feeling a little better. One more week down. What a brave little girl!
So hungry! Please hurry & put her to sleep.
So mad at the Doctors she called them, really the nurses. So, So Mad.
5 comments:
Oh Amber, Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it's been 8 years! And you are still in my prayers friend. And you will continue to be. Avery isn't the only brave and strong one. You are too! Lots and lots of love and aloha coming your way. xoxo
I read every update...and every time I sit here and cry. Avery is being so brave...what a sweet little girl! Addi would love to visit her sometime..not sure your limits with visitors.
Thanks for everyone's concern & encouragement! I enjoy reading your comments. Megan give me a call. She's been doing better since she's off the steroids & I think would love her to visit.
Thanks Diana! I'm always thinking of your family & all you have been through. I hadn't remembered what type of cancer your Dad had until Avery got diagnosed with ALL too. He has really had a struggle & amazes me with his strength to fight. What an awesome family.
I think about you often and hope you are feeling ok too. Happy Anniversary! I remember the day you got married. xoxoXO D
Post a Comment