Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hooray were home!


Wow! It's so good to be home! A big thanks to the clean team who totally sanitized our house before we got home. They cleaned rugs, Avery's sheets, vacuumed, dusted, sanitized toys, floors etc. Also, to my dad & Shane who mowed my lawn and got my garden ready. The Welcome home sign that pleased Avery so and dinner all ready for us. Thanks so much!

Late Easter with Kelsi!

Even if it's just for 2 days it is so good to be home especially for Avery and for little Kelsi to have her parents home. This has been hard on Kelsi too, to not have her mom/dad around for a week. She was up to the hospital for a few days, but kids can not come back in the ICU (Immune Compromised Unit) and with all that was going on it was hard to leave Avery's room. Kelsi has been very whiny, clingy and just wants to be held today! It makes it harder to care for Avery. I want to help them both.


We colored Easter Eggs today, which was a highlight of her day. She was so disappointed to have missed that. Other then that, Avery has had little energy today and just wants to lay around. She's had headaches and has said it hurts to move her head. She hasn't had much of an appetite; however I feel like overall she's handled yesterday's Chemo pretty good. They say the treatments are going to get a lot harder on her body. At times she has been in such a good mood and other times I see the sadness of all this in her eyes. I, of course I'm heartbroken for all the things she's not going to be able to do. Finishing Pre-school, finish gymnastic she had been doing this year, tee-ball (although the last Doctor said if she feels up to it, let her play),going swimming, going to her primary class yudda-yudda-yudda. I know we were figure all this out, but for now it's overwhelming and I'm scared and the fear of ever losing her it indescribable. We thank you for your prayers and I'm grateful that PCMC figured it out so fast.

Things to look forward to (Not really): On Friday (29th) we'll head up to PCMC. She can't eat until after her Lumar Puncture. First, they will draw blood and check her counts. If they're too low she'll get an another blood transfusion. She will get her Chemo treatment through her port. They will again put her to sleep and draw fluid from her spine to test to see if they find any cancer cells there. Last Friday it came back negative, but they will check every time we get a Lumbar Puncture, in case any cells they looked at were missed and to once again insert Chemo through this puncture that goes from her spine into her brain. The spinal tap is a place that Chemo doesn't get. It will be a long day! And Kelsi will get abandoned again. It's all very over-whelming to think of the big picture of 2-1/2 years of treatments, first 9 months or so of more extensive treatments, trips to SL every Friday for a month or two; however I'm trying to just focus on week by week and get through each day.

No comments: