After Avery's blood transfusion at the ER last week, her hematocrit went up to 25. She started having headaches again and looking pale so we drew blood a day early to check her counts. Her hematocrit had went down to 21 and ANC went down to 300, but platelets did go up with was good because they were super low. So yesterday we spent the day at the Infusion clinic getting more red blood cells. Two transfusions in one week. This is the 4th transfusion. One at dx, one is June before going to Yellowstone and 2 this week. It is so hard telling her we have to go to the hospital again. It never gets easier...she knows what is in store for her.
Now we are at the ER! Last night she started with a ear ache, along with her already having a cough that is always worse at night. So we were up as usual several times with Avery or with the baby. In the night she didn't have a fever, but when we took it this morning, it showed 101 to 102. We we arrived at the ER, her fever showed 103. For cancer kids, they need to figure out what is causing the fever and where the infection is because it can be very serious. They want them seen if fever is above 100.4. They did a x-ray to check for pneumonia, urine test to check for infection and just drew labs to check CBC and will do a blood culture where they check to see if bacteria is in the blood. It takes a couple days to get that result back. Now just waiting. She so did not want to go back to the hospital for again an all day adventure and begged us not to take her. I feel so bad for her (we don't want to be here either). Hopefully, they give us an antibiotic and we can go home!
5 comments:
It breaks my heart to see how upset she is when she realizes she is going back to the hospital (anytime but 2 days in a roll is not a good thing for her little spirit). Big Big tears running down her cheeks, begging you to let her stay home and sleep. WOW, you guys are doing a great job!! I cry with her but I just hide it so she can't see. Prayers for Avery and all the little kids who spent way too much time with tests, needles, medicines, doctors visits, and hospitals!! They are all so brave!
Oh, I forget to add that her favorite things today was Uncle Kyle laying down in the snow at the hospital making a snow angel and getting snow up his behind crack. That makes her smile. Thanks Uncle Kyle!!
Glad she is home and feeling better! We love her so much!! I know it is so hard for her and you guys I wish we could take it all away! I hope you know we ate always here for you guys... You guys always seem to have everything under control! We love Avery more than you willever know! Kelsi and Carson too! We cry and pray often for you all. When saydee heard me telling Dave you guys were headed the er once again today she became very emotional! She too cries often wanting her best friend to be better soon. She cries when Avery cant be at school, when she doesn't feel up to playing, when she sees her in pain and especially when she has to go to hospital, whether for treatments or these stupid visits to the er! Love you all!
Becky
Avery, Amber and Johnny,
So sorry to hear that your little angel is sick. You are on our minds a lot. We wish that you guys didn't have to go through this. Bless your hearts. You are in our prayers. Reese loves Avery so much and misses her when she is not at school. You guys are so brave. Hugs and kisses to you all.
So I just got off work and lying here by Avery and thinking what she told me the night we got home from salt lake she says dad I don't even feel like I have cancer any more I just feel normal. Pretty amazing for someone to say just hours after having poison shot through her veins or chemo. Avery you are a very strong little girl keep up the fight and I'll try and keep up with you love dad.
Post a Comment