Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Avery had a blood transfusion two days before Halloween.  I worried about her not being able to go treat or treating and how devastated she would be. I want her to feel as normal as possible. To not feel like she's missing out on too much, of course all while not jeopardizing her health. We were in charge of treats for her Halloween party and she wanted to go and do the costume parade at school that only the Kindergarten class gets to do. I took her for an hour so she could be a part of it all. Saydee is such a trooper and is always watching out for Avery. We appreciate her so much! 


Her class posing for a picture at the school library.
I know compared to a lot of other cancer mom's I may let Avery do more. She's 5 and she knows her limits. We just have to keep her safe from sickness and use lots of saniziter. We have to make tough decisions about what's best for her, but we have to still live our lifes and amongst all the chaos try to keep things as normal as possible. Kelsi looked so cute as a bubble bee and Carson as a pumpkin. Avery really wanted me to dress up too... so I did! Johnny even dressed up like a hunter! Ha-ha only kidding. He wears that vest other days of the week.
 
                                 The cute cousins and Avery's sweet Grandma!
Trick or Treating at Aunt Becky's and Uncle Dave's. They were dressed as pirates and all looked so cute!
She tires easily. She was exhausted and ready to go home after just a few hours of only going to the grandparents and a few other relatives. She was perfectly content to go home and hand out candy. I was glad she was able to go and have some fun!

3 comments:

Amber Burton said...

Avery you look so cute. I love your witch costume. We can't wait until you come and play at our house again.

Amber you are such a trooper. You and the kids all look so cute. That is one of the things that my kids love most about Halloween is that I dress up with them.

Hope that you are all doing well. We all have sore throats again so we will not be seeing you guys, but just want you to know that we are thinking about you.

Kathy said...

It seems like this Thanksgiving weekend Avery has been doing so good. I haven't seen her looking and smiling like this for months and not since a little before you found out she had cancer. It is a much needed break and it is a joy! (I know she still feels a little pain etc... but so loving this week) More test and chemo starting Wednesday so hoping she does great! Travel safe coming and going from Salt Lake as the weather changes to winter! Send the other kids over anytime!! Prayers for Avery! love, mom

Lambert's said...

Avery, you don't make for a very scary witch, you are too cute!

Amber - just thinking about you. My kids are still remembering Avery in their prayers. Hope you are ok too.

xoxo Desi