Once again we have been on the steroids this week. Just finished them Friday! Yay for that and no SL trip this Friday! Yay for that!! However as the week has gone by, Avery has went down hill. Nothing life threatening or anything like that, but is having severe leg and arm pain and for a mother (also for her father) it's excruciating to watch. Her medicine doesn't seem to be helping. She has been sleeping a lot this week and being up for a few hours wipes her out. The chemo with steroids mixed (more particularly the steroids) have once again caused her to have a hard time walking because of the leg pain. Her leg pain, even arm pain, this week has increased with each day and the last few days have been tremendous, similar to what we experienced in the first month during Induction. Luckily, as its gotten worse this week, we get to be off the pills instead of continuing. Please say some extra prayers for her. The roids have again done a number on her moods. Saying some not so nice things. She hates the noise (crying) the other two children make. Her hair in two days is so near to being gone, which I was warned she would lose again in this phase. And by again, she has really never completely lost all of it before. She lost most of it on top, but still had hair in the back that was really thin. Finally she broke down and shaved it. Her pillow has been covered with hair! She told me the other day (I hope it's the roids talking) that she doesn't like herself and she's ugly. For a mother, it breaks my heart! Emotionally she has some really good moments, but also emotionally some really hard moments. As I I write this, I can't contain my emotions! Please remember her in your prayers. I can't watch her in so much pain. The roids take 7-10 days to get out of her system. We will pray for sooner! Thank you! We appreciate your prayers and know that our Heavenly Father will hear them!
3 comments:
Lots of prayers coming your way! Yes, It was a rough day Saturday. Little kids have no understanding of this cancer fight and all 3 of your kids are at a needy stage. Poor thing didn't want to go to kindergarten all week but with some pain meds and a gently push out the door she went so she could be the leader and sit by her teacher. She did go most days but then came home and spend the rest of the day in bed. I'm sorry she is in so many pain to walk and even sometime sit. I do know Heavenly Father is aware of you all and loves you and so do we!! BIG PRAYERS FOR THE EVANS FAMILY!!
Prayers are and will continue for you all. Kyle said yesterday was ROUGH to say the least. Call if you need ANYTHING. A. Sharron
Prayers for not only Avery, but for you and the rest of your family as I know it has been hard on you just as much if not more. Hang in there. Hope the steroids get out of her system soon.
Post a Comment