Sunday, March 11, 2012

After 2 hospital stays in two weeks (caused by fevers and ANC being too low), 21 days of her port being assessed, 21 days on antibotic's through her port every 8 hours, 21 days without chemo, 21 days with her ANC under 300, no school for a month, her little body has finally recovered and her ANC jumped to 1600. This is a big jump for us and is actually in the normal range (1500-8500 is normal ANC), but this means back on chemo that will drop her counts, but they never want them to drop as low as they have been and goodbye to the every 8 hours antibotic's.

Yesterday, we had her 2nd doctor's appointment while on the maintenance phase. She had Vincristine through her port. We start back on steroids for 5 days, 6mp every day and instead of 12 pills on Thursday they lowered it by 75% and she'll have 9 pills every Thursday. Yesterday was probably one of our better appointments. She teased and interacted more with our favorite nurse Tricia and it went fast. They are so good there and we will be forever grateful for their care and devotion to helping Avery get better. Avery did have to change her clothes to go in the hospital (she won't wear the clothes again that she wears in the hospital)  and had to have a bath as soon as we got to Rachelle's house, but she did so well.

Happy times:  We did stop at Make a Wish to start declaring her wish. Fun times. I will finish writing about this later.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE that her blood counts are better and she can go places and see things BUT I hates that the chemo makes things not so great too, but chemo does kill cancer!! It was fun to see her smile after her appointments at PCMC. First time I've seen her smile with the nurse and Dr Wright at the hospital. PRAYERS FOR AVERY and all those little cancer fighting kiddo's.

kyle said...

New Post! New post! Come on, I need to know what's going on in your life. Okay so I already know quite a bit, but I do love to read it(and so do all the other people who read it, but don't ever comment) would it help if all your blog followers comment? EVERYONE leave a comment and let her know that we all need an update!!!!

Anonymous said...

we need updates and LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!
We miss all the pictures with the posts!!

Amber said...

Ha-ha Kyle I just read this and you posted on April 3rd. It looks as if the followers have quit following.lol... You didn't get much response. Their's an anonymous, but we don't even know who that one is! This 3rd baby has made it a bit more difficult, plus I already know this, but it really makes sense now why you never start sleeping with your kids. You have to go to bed when they do and no time to yourself.