Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hooray for Fun Times!

With the unexpected month break from Chemo we were able to enjoy some fun times this summer! Although, it was hard to make plans because every week we thought we were going up North and would make arrangements for Kelsi to stay somewhere, but then it would get cancelled. We tried to still take advantage and do fun things!








(6-25-11) This was the first year we have ever went to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Panquitch. We got there way to early and had a hard time staying until the balloons were all lit. It was neat how they all lined up in the street and used their fire torches to blow the balloon's up. I've never seen a hot air balloon this close up. Earlier in the night, Avery got her face painted which is something she thinks is so cool!

(6-27-11)We went to Koop to hang out with friends and for Macie Adams' Birthday Party!

We were still able to go to our annual 4th of July Robinson camp-out reunion. Chemo free:) Avery & Kelsi loved riding their 4-wheeler, checking out Grandma Robinson's cabin, being able to use our trailer we bought last year for the first time, hanging out with her cousins, playing on the swing & watching Panquitch Lake's fireworks. Avery was pretending she was an Indian Chief with the broom & being silly. Kelsi just wanted mom to hold her. She has really needed more attention since all of this, leaving her to go to SL & leaving her everyday for work has been hard on her, but after a few days realizing mom was staying around for awhile she started straying just a little from my side & having fun!

They also enjoyed having their Dad help them shoot guns, hitting the pinata to get lots of candy, practicing hola-hooping & just having some fun family time!

We got home from 4th of July in time for Avery to go draw for the raffle. They raffled off a gun, knife set, photography session, leather canteen, Avery bravery shirts & quilt. Avery had a fun time drawing & so nice of Dave/Becky & Ben/Mindy to set it all up & for those who donated. That night we also did some of our own fireworks, Avery buzzed off her hair & we went to Grandma Robinson's to watch Parowan's fireworks that night!

We've been swimming a few times and have rented the pool. One night some of the coconut members went swimming and then came over for ice cream sundae's. Cousin Bridger & Landon stayed for a few days, then we were suppose to take them back home, but we didn't make counts. It's not only us that is affected by the unknown plans. Grandpa/Grandma had to drive the boys back halfway & Justin/Rachelle met them. It was fun to have them stay for a few days and have some fun with us!

(July 11-14th, 2011) I really kept thinking Chemo was going to start back up....but it didn't. I finally decided to get her in swim lessons while she felt good and I was unsure week to week if she would start chemo. Avery and Saydee took private lessons from Alice. She loved being able to swim 4 days in a row and is such a good swimmer! Kelsi enjoyed going up to the pool to play. Kelsi was still asleep when I went to work this day, when I went to the pool to watch for a minute she had size 5 shirt/shorts on, I had to just shake my head. She didn't care...her & Dallen were having fun!

Random pictures: Avery has really wanted to play with friends since she's felt good. She loves having Abi over. There was this butterfly they found on the slide that had a hard time flying. They loved taking pictures with the butterfly. After, Avery hated that she couldn't wash that yucky butterfly smell off her hands. One of the pictures shows the first time she has jumped on the trampoline since she was diagnosed. She was so proud of herself and wanted Dad & I to come and watch. I don't have a picture, (surprise, surprise) but during this time was the first time & only time I've seen her ride her bike. That made her proud too. Kelsi just loves being outside and loves to run. She really is quit a fast runner...I love watching those little legs move so fast. We had to go to the Dentist because Avery had a filling fall out. They don't like you going to the Dentist when your ANC is only 500, but it was more risky for her to get an infection from the filling being out. She had to chew 4 antibiotic pills an hour before she went. She got to go pick out a few prizes at the dollar store. (So much cheaper then prizes at Wal-mart) Randomly she picked: a mustache, firemen hat, a toy that picks up things & a Hawaiian lay for her & Kelsi. Did I say R-A-N-D-O-M, but cheap:)

We weren't able to camp, but we did ride up to visit the Jense & Adams family at Beaver mountain. We celebrated Rachelle's Birthday and the kids rode their 4-wheeler. Kelsi started out so clean, but then her & Sophia must have went and found lots of dirt, because she came back looking real dirty. She was exhausted and fell fast asleep on the 4 wheeler.

We also have rode horses one of Avery's favorite things ever. Johnny takes her quit a bit, so I hadn't realized how good she is getting. It now scares me a little bit more, because if she falls off and gets an infection then it's not good. Kelsi has always been paranoid with horses, but she is slowly warming up to the idea. Kelsi & Sophia were brave and showed us how they can be cowgirls too!


Cute video I found (May 2009) just two years earlier, Avery has always loved to ride horses!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Kaycee and I Love looking at all the pictures. So glad you have been able to have so much fun and we are glad we were there for some of it.

Anonymous said...

I have a deeper appreciation for the small happy moments. They seem to mean so much more when contrasted with the hard times past and knowledge of hard times ahead. Thanks for letting us be a part of this journey with you.

Kathy said...

I loved those good times, it was a much needed break from all the aches and pains etc. Love you all!! You are all doing great and little Avery loves ya so much!