A year ago, Yesterday, is when we found out Avery had cancer. Tons of memories are flooding back. Those first few days were the hardest in my entire life. We had to explain to a 5 year old why she had been so sick and try to somehow prepare her, with only hours, that she had to have surgery to place her port, have a bone marrow aspirate and have her first (of many) back pokes with chemo injected into her spine. I will never forget how I felt as the nurses/doctors wheeled her down the hall for surgery and Johnny & I had no choice, but to stay behind. She was terrified and so was I. So glad we have one year behind us...1 year and 3 more months to go! Thanks to those who have been a support along the way!
I promise I'm going to start back tracking and get caught up!
1 comment:
Amber, you and your family have been so amazing through all this. Isn't it good to have one year behind you and work towards getting the next 15 months in as well. As always you guys are in our daily prayers. Sharron
Post a Comment