Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 30 on Maintenance-Feb. 10th

This trip, cousin Kayden wanted to come with us.  He wanted to donate some of his play station games to the older kids at clinic. Rochelle, the child life specialist talked to him outside of clinic and was nice to take him on a quick tour. This is kind-of a big deal because no kids are allowed in clinic except for the cancer kids of course. I think it was a lot to take in, to see where Avery has to go to get her medicine. He is such a soft-hearted kid and cares so much about what she has to go through.

I told Avery's oncologist that this maintenance had not been so great. Today she got a push of the chemo Vincristine. She is just on so many pills  and she has  repeatedly told me this last week, how everything hurts. I just think this is too much medicine. Her ANC came back at 740. Right on the border, were they don't decrease her oral chemo or increase it. Today we started our 5 days morning and night of steroids pills (Dexamethosone). Oh how we hate them and their side effects.

Johnny really wanted to go to the hunting expo after Avery's treatment. His family was driving up to go as well and had brought Kelsi. If Avery didn't feel well enough I would leave and Johnny could just ride home with them. She wanted to go, but after being in their for 5 minutes had a little attitude about this being just for boys. Of course she was tired and didn't feel that great from just having chemo. We stayed for a few hours then made the long trip back home.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks do much for taking Kayden! He loves Avery so much and it affects Him very much, he doesnt quite understand why she and other KIDS have to go through this. ( don't we all wonder). I think it was wonderful that he was able to go up and see what Avery has to go through, it answered a lot of his questions! I have to say tho it really really affected him for a couple weeks after! It was always on his mind. I know he prays for all the kids up there as well as for Avery! Thank you again! We live you guys!